Spring 2023 Hackathon
Insecure design is now listed as number 4 in the OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks. In recognition of International Women’s Day, we’re launching our first hackathon to promote data privacy early in the software development lifecycle. Through the design challenge, workshops, and mentorship in this hackathon, we want to equip developers with threat modeling knowledge and skills to proactively engage in designing secure technology.
Who’s this hackathon for
Software developers and security engineers interested in learning more about threat modeling or putting their skills to the test are welcome to join. Beginner is 100% welcome! You don’t need any prior experience in threat modeling and/or software security.
Why should you join
- Learn threat modeling for the first time.
- Collaborate with developers worldwide to create a threat model and engage in problem-solving.
- Brush up on your threat modeling knowledge and up your skills through the hands-on workshops.
Receive guidance and mentorship from top threat modeling experts throughout the hackathon.
Feb 19: Registration deadline
March 1: Kick-Off: Keynote, Workshop: Security Threat Modeling 101
March 9: Workshop: Privacy Threat Modeling Framework
March 19: Submission Deadline
March 31: Winners Announced
A Keychron Q3 QMK Custom Mechanical Keyboard, a Threat Modeling Connect swag box, and a Hackathon Winner community badge will be awarded to eligible members of the winning team.
A limited edition community badge will be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the hackathon.
Joining is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Register by February 19, 2023.
- Join the Hacakthon Kick-Off on March 1, 2023 when the prompt, submission requirements, and judging criteria will be announced.
- Work on the deliverable with your team with support from mentors and submit it by March 19, 2023!
Prompt & Submission Requirements
Will be announced at the Hackathon Kick-Off on March 1, 2023.
Create your account
Not a member yet? Become a member to join forum discussions, participate in community events and apply to write articles.Create an account
Log in with LinkedIn
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.